Iowa Growth Fund Program Grants Announced
FCF recently awarded $50,000 to a group of child care centers in the Greater Des Moines Area to make quality and business improvements they have planned as participants in our Growth Fund Business Development Program.
A panel of private sector and child-care industry advisors recommended the grants after reviewing business improvement plans and funding requests from ten participating centers in Dallas, Polk and Warren Counties:
- 100 Acre Woods, De Soto
- Altoona 8th Street, Altoona
- Bidwell Riverside Center, Des Moines
- Capitol Park Early Learning Center, Des Moines
- Children’s Garden, Des Moines
- Color My World Child Care and Preschool, Des Moines
- Des Moines Area Community College Child Development Center, Ankeny
- Loving Arms Children’s Center, Johnston
- Perry Child Development Center, Perry
- Sunshine Child Care, Inc., Des Moines
A wide variety of projects were approved, including facility improvements to increase quality ratings, marketing and advertising, accounting system software, and establishing a teacher scholarship fund. The approved funding is the second of three rounds of grants available to Growth Fund program participants.
FCF’s Growth Fund Business Development Program is a unique multi-year program that combines business assistance with grants to help child care centers strengthen their operations. Each center receives one-on-one business consulting, opportunities to network and exchange ideas with their peers, and to learn from business advisors in various areas of expertise from marketing to finances. More >
View all News & Current Events >