Now Hiring! Business Development Specialist for Minnesota
Business Development Specialist
Mission and Organizational Background
The mission of First Children’s Finance (FCF) is to help children thrive and learn by forging relationships that bring economic power and viability to the business of child care. Founded in 1991, FCF provides financing and management assistance to child care businesses and the field of Early Care and Education. FCF is a national organization headquartered in Minneapolis and provides services and financing to ECE providers in ten states. For more information, see the FCF website at: www.firstchildrensfinance.org.
The Business Development Specialist provides business and financial planning, consultation, training, and support to ECE providers; promotes FCF and its programs and services; supports fund development activities; and connects to a diversity of FCF stakeholders, partners and constituents. The Business Development Specialist works closely with the Minnesota State Director, along with other members of the Minnesota team to promote and ensure the effectiveness of FCF’s core programs, including: (1) business and management planning and assistance to child care providers; (2) training; and (3) the management of learning cohorts in Greater Minnesota. This role requires extensive travel across MN.
- Work with the FCF Minnesota State Director to develop, promote and implement programs, services and resources to support the mission of FCF.
- Provide training and consultation to strengthen child care businesses.
- Operate business leadership cohorts (members include family child care providers and child care center directors) in Greater Minnesota.
- Input, manage and analyze data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Consulting, training and public speaking
- Working with diverse populations in a community or business setting
- Working with small businesses
- Some aspect of early education or child care is a plus
- Resource development/fundraising is a plus
- Communications or public relations is a plus
- Private sector engagement and partnership is a plus
- Facilitation of community planning processes
- Ability to provide business and financial consultation and training
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze financial statements and develop and manage budgets
- Ability to think strategically, plan regionally, and implement plans on the ground
- Ability to promote a positive image of FCF and position FCF as a key resource in the field of early care and education
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with a diversity of FCF staff, customers, partners and stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, yet be a part of a team
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the state of MN, including urban and rural areas
This position requires an individual who is:
- Creative and collaborative;
- A team player, partner, and networker;
Energetic, enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude;
- A systems thinker that is able to maintain a big-picture focus while attending to detail;
- Open to learning, accepting positive and constructive feedback;
- Organized, and a self-starter, multi-tasker; and
- A strategic thinker and planner as well as an effective implementer.
Reports To: Minnesota State Director Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary and Benefits: Salary is competitive with nonprofit business development specialist salaries for comparable organizations in MN and other FCF offices. Prorated benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, holidays and paid time off.
To Apply: You may email your application materials to: FCFaccounting@firstchildrensfinance.org.
Application deadline: Open until filled.
First Children’s Finance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted May 23, 2017
View all News & Current Events >