Finance for Child Care Centers
Few center directors and staff have mastered the business elements when they start caring for children but all can learn the fundamentals given the right tools and resources. The time you spend on the business side of your center will be rewarded in a stronger foundation that supports your program goals.
Although your center is ultimately about people—the children and families your serve—it would be impossible to provide quality care without the financial resources to hire qualified teachers, aides and other staff that make your center successful.
Understanding the financial realities of your center will help you:
- know when your center is bringing in sufficient revenue to pay all the expenses;
- project which months during the year cash is tightest;
- understand if there will be cash available to improve the playground surface and when; and
- have confidence that you will be equipped with the necessary information to make decisions about your center’s future.
Learn to understand and effectively manage the finances of your child care center.
- Tools – Practical tools you can use right now to improve your business
- Knowledge – Articles and research related to this business topic
- Connections – Links to related websites and organizations
Disclaimer: Materials and links provided by First Children’s Finance on this website do not constitute legal, accounting, tax or finance advice or professional services. Readers seeking professional advice about specific aspects of their business should consult a member of our staff or other qualified professional.