Iowa Growth Fund Business Development & Grant Program
The Growth Fund is a multi-year program designed to help quality child care centers and their leadership move “to the next level” in business operations and growth. Selected programs receive comprehensive assistance to grow and improve business viability, sustainability and quality; which leads to higher quality child care and education for all young children and families.
How the Growth Fund Benefits Child Care Programs
Dozens of child care programs have completed or are currently participating in the Iowa Growth Fund. These centers have reported improvements such as increases in knowledge, improvements in quality environments, higher enrollment, improvements in finances, increases in parent satisfaction, and decreases in staff turnover.
- Financial Tools created specifically for child care directors and management staff.
- Business Improvement Plan with market & financial analysis for informed decision-making.
- Grants. Most recent centers are awarded $5,000 or $10,000 each over 2 years.
- Specialized Iowa DHS and NAC-approved training focused on critical child care business topics.
- Consulting to address the unique business questions and challenges of your child care program.
- Peer Cohort Model with opportunities to network and learn from other directors.
- Volunteer Advisors who share advice and knowledge with the centers.
- Quality, Sustainability, and Growth for participating centers. The Growth Fund has been proven to help most participants achieve their goals of increasing quality, growth and resources.
Iowa Growth Fund Participants & Advisors