Business Consulting Services
First Children’s Finance understands the issues and challenges child care businesses face in today’s world. Unlike other groups that help small businesses, we have the industry-specific expertise and shared commitment to the success of child care.
Our consulting services focus on the essential business components necessary to create and maintain high-quality child care businesses. Whether you need help with day-to-day operations or want to plan a strategic future for your business, we have the ability to assess your unique circumstances and work through the decisions with you.
Our consulting services include:
- Business assessment: Do you get the feeling something isn’t quite on track but you can’t put your finger on it? First Children’s has the experience and expertise to assess core business functions and recommend improvement plans to support your business.
- Financial assessment: What do your financial reports tell you? Have you looked at recent trends in your revenues and expenses? Do your financial management systems provide the tools you need for decision making? A financial assessment will help you improve in the financial management of your business.
- Business improvement plan: As your child care business adapts and changes to the needs of your clients, you may find you need advice in a core business area. First Children’s can help you develop a plan to address problem areas and keep your center functioning smoothly.
- Financial position analysis: Whether you are the owner of a for-profit or nonprofit business, you are responsible for managing the finances of the organization. By conducting a financial position analysis, a part of a full financial assessment, First Children’s can help you analyze and understand what your financial reports mean.
- Classroom breakeven analysis: By analyzing each of your classrooms—one by one—we can help you see which are profitable. This business management analysis can help you make critical decisions about rates, staffing, marketing, managing expenses, and fundraising.
- Board development and governance: Does your board of directors understand its roles and responsibilities? Do the board members have the technical expertise you need to function as a nonprofit center? First Children’s can assist by assessing board operations and designing a plan to develop the board expertise you need.
First Children’s business consulting services are currently available in Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan, North Dakota and South Dakota. For more information about our consulting services, contact your nearest regional office, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.