Loans for Child Care Centers
First Children’s Finance provides loans and related technical assistance to child care centers located in Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North and South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin. Centers may be independent or located within schools or other institutions, and may be for profit or nonprofit businesses. Loan amounts range from $5,000 to $125,000. In order to apply, applicants must:
- Own or lease the child care facility
- Be licensed by the appropriate state agency
- Be prepared to provide collateral and make an equity investment in the business
- Currently serve, or be prepared to serve, children whose families qualify to receive child care assistance
The first step is to discuss your project with us! Our experienced staff will help you determine the feasibility of your project, and the level of financial and technical assistance you may need to move it forward. This initial consultation is offered without charge. Just call us toll-free to get started: 1-866-562-6801
When you are ready, we will mail you an application packet and, if needed, other business tools to help you complete your loan application. The non-refundable application fee for loans to childcare centers is $100.
When we receive your completed application materials and fee, First Children’s Finance will:
- Review your completed application and contact you to discuss any questions we have
- Underwrite the loan, which includes a thorough analysis of your ability to repay the loan
- Notify you of our decision, following review by our committee of financial advisors
When a loan is approved, funds are disbursed after an approved applicant receives, signs and returns a loan commitment letter and related loan documents. Approved loans will involve some closing costs for the borrower.
Call us today! We look forward to hearing from you.