Business Development Specialist – IA
Posted on: August 31, 2021
Anticipated Start Date:
Salary and Benefits:
Position Purpose and Description
FCF is seeking a Business Development Specialist to join its growing team in Iowa. The Business Development Specialist (BDS) implements the programs and services of the Iowa Regional Office, including coordination and implementation of training, coaching, and technical assistance, primarily serving family child care businesses.
- Coordinate FCF’s child care business training program that trains child care home providers on how to improve business practices, including communicating with registrants, managing registrations on the state registry, presenting the trainings, and documenting. Occasional work serving child care center directors.
- Conduct child care business coaching and consulting for home-based providers working to improve business practices and become financially sustainable. This includes meeting with clients, providing business coaching, and documenting. Occasional work serving child care center directors.
- Serve as representative of FCF and its services in all interactions with diverse stakeholders.
- Assist with grant writing and other fund development activities as assigned.
- Assist with development of services as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Hold a current driver’s license and auto insurance
- Have access to a reliable vehicle
- Obtain and maintain professional development and approved trainer status
- Work effectively sitting long periods at the computer. FCF laptops provided
- Stand long periods for training or presenting
- Own and maintain a cellular phone
- Maintain internet access when telecommuting
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or associate degree related to business, administration, economic or community development, accounting, nonprofit or child care administration
- At least 1 year coaching or training child care businesses, small businesses, or nonprofit organizations
- Working with communities of color
- Working with individuals, businesses, or communities with low resources
- Owning or directing a child care business, small business, or nonprofit
- Resource development
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to read and analyze financial statements; develop and manage budgets
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff, clients, and stakeholders
- Excellent skills using word processor (i.e. Word), spreadsheet (i.e. Excel), presentation (i.e. PowerPoint), and social media (i.e. Facebook).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and be a part of a team
Desired Personal Attributes
- Creative in a collaborative environment
- Culturally competent
- A team player, partner, and networker
- Energetic, enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude
- A systems thinker, maintaining a big-picture view while attending to detail
- Open to learning, accepting positive and constructive feedback
- Organized, a self-starter, and a multi-tasker
- A strategic thinker, planner, and effective implementer
Please send a letter of interest and résumé by email to FCFJOBS@firstchildrensfinance.org with “Iowa BDS” in the subject line. Include your full name, phone, email and address. This posting will be open until filled.