Program Specialist – Michigan
Posted on: March 17, 2022
Anticipated Start Date:
Salary and Benefits:
FCF is seeking a Program Specialist, to join its growing team in Michigan, which is expanding to serve more child care providers and more communities statewide. The Program Specialist position will provide programmatic and administrative support to FCF’s programs focused on supporting child care providers regionally and across the state.
FCF is seeking candidates from the Michigan area. This position is a remote work opportunity, working from home with some in-person meetings required as pandemic conditions allow. This position may require regular travel within the state of Michigan as needed.
- Works with the Business Development Specialists and Michigan Director to promote and implement programs, services, and resources to support the mission of FCF across the state
- Supports program outreach and communications to communities, including participant recruitment; supporting content development for print, online and social medial platforms; support to regional/stakeholder and child care-related events
- Manages scheduling, logistics, outreach and communication for in-person and virtual training and community events, responsible for reporting event attendance.
- Manages updates and distribution of handouts, toolkits, and other program-related materials
- Supports gathering, management and evaluation of program-related and event-related data
- Coordinates with FCF Central Office staff related to invoicing, consultant/interpreter management and other administrative processes
- Assists with program reporting as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience working collaboratively with communities of color
- 3+ years of experience working in an administrative or support role, preferably in a nonprofit, social service or small business setting
- Experience in communications/content development preferred
- A systems thinker that can maintain a big-picture focus while attending to detail
- A strategic thinker and planner as well as an effective implementer
- Direct experience with child care strongly preferred
- Open to learning, accepting positive and constructive feedback
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative and collaborative
- Culturally competent
- A team player, partner, and networker
- Energetic, enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude
- Organized, a self-starter, and a multi-tasker
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with a diverse group of FCF staff, customers, partners, and stakeholders
- Ability to promote a positive image of FCF and position FCF as a key resource in the field of early care and education
- Ability to work with minimum supervision yet be a part of a team
- Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks on multiple deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Michigan as needed
Benefits include medical, dental, life, disability insurance, holidays, paid time off, and paid family medical leave. Allowable travel costs are reimbursed.
Flexible work environment.
First Children’s Finance honors candidates’ time and effort in job-seeking by providing transparency regarding compensation. Creating transparency regarding salary information reduces the gender pay gap, and eliminates salary negotiation, which rarely benefits people of color or women. It is a value of our organization to support equitable hiring practices.
Please send a cover letter and a résumé by email to fcfjobs@FirstChildrensFinance.org with “Michigan Program Specialist” in the subject line. Include your full name, phone, email, and address on the cover letter. This posting will be open until filled.