Human Resources Manager
Posted on: October 1, 2021
Anticipated Start Date:
Salary and Benefits:
Mission and Organizational Background
The mission of First Children’s Finance (FCF) is to grow the supply and business sustainability of excellent child care. Founded in 1991, FCF provides business and financial assistance to business owners and leaders in the field of Early Care and Education (ECE). To achieve our goals, FCF works on three levels: Individual Business Level, Community Level and Systems Level. FCF is a national nonprofit organization headquartered in Minneapolis that provides business development programs and/or financing to ECE providers in multiple states, with regional offices in three: Minnesota, Iowa, and Michigan. For more information, visit the First Children’s Finance website.
The HR Manager will be responsible for coordinating recruitment, onboarding, training, and benefits administration as well as leading internal Diversity, Equity, and inclusion initiatives. This position will help create an HR infrastructure as FCF expands nationally. This position provides a great opportunity to contribute to a valuable mission, to develop or expand knowledge of human resources, and to work in a pleasant, friendly office in Minneapolis’ Warehouse District. First Children’s Finance is open to a partially remote hybrid position.
- Recruitment: job posting, resume review, phone screenings, interview coordination, reference checks and job offers.
- Onboarding: manage new hire paperwork, arrange for onboarding with hiring managers, and help plan quality orientation programs for new hires.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Lead, manage, and coordinate growth of our DEI initiatives.
- Training: develop, deliver and/or source training programs as requested. Manage training records.
- Benefits administration: day-to-day benefits administration, assist with benefit plan design and open enrollment.
- Employee relations including answering employee questions on policies, benefits and processes; assisting managers and employees with performance expectations.
- Research best practices and recommend initiatives to enhance our People First culture and organization objectives.
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience within a Human Resources function of an organization that delivers a breadth of HR services to colleagues and managers, including employee relations.
- Familiarity with employment law and Human Resources best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve the effective delivery of HR services through disciplined execution and through fact-based decisions in a growing/changing business environment.
- Familiarity with sourcing and recruiting talent.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a human resources functional area.
- Experience with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives.
- An understanding of human resources issues.
- Ability to research issues that may impact a variety of states.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with a diversity of FCF staff, customers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision yet be a part of a team.
This position requires an individual who is:
- Creative and collaborative.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude.
- Open to learning, accepting positive and constructive feedback.
- Accurate and has strong attention to detail.
- Organized, and a self-starter and multi-tasker
If you are as excited about this position as we are, contact KP Companies to Submit an Application (click link to go to website). Or, send a cover letter and resume with the subject line “FCF- HR Manager” to email@example.com or Alicia@kpcompanies.com.