Marketing & Communications Director
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Anticipated Start Date:
Salary and Benefits:
FCF is seeking a Marketing & Communications Director to join its new and growing advancement team. Under the guidance of the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO), the Marketing & Communications Director implements, monitors, and evaluates marketing communications strategy, including advertising, promotions, and public relations to support the marketing objectives and maximize FCF’s positive exposure in local, and national markets. The Marketing & Communications Director budgets and allocates resources for communication programs that align with market research findings. This position is responsible for managing a departmental sub-function within the broader departmental function.
- Facilitates and at times oversees key aspects of the development of the organization’s messaging and delivery, as a function of the marketing and communications plan.
- Oversees the organizational and regional divisions’ marketing communications strategy development, implementation, and oversight to maintain consistency and remain within brand.
- Works with the CAO, researches, analyzes, develops, and deploys customizable and multicultural marketing communication plans.
- Develops communications strategies to reach multiple target audiences, across multiple platforms, while meeting organizational objectives.
- Grows media publicity, brand awareness, and FCF’s footprint in new states; helps to grow appeal with public and private supporters and collaborators.
- Appeals to clients, partners, funders, child care businesses, communities, systems representatives, and the community at large.
- Ensures communications and advocacy campaigns are integrated across media, email, social media and web properties.
- Works cross-departmentally, creating strategy and lead response for crises communications and issues Mment.
- Coordinates production of division marketing materials to ensure consistent quality, image branding and graphic presentation.
- Coordinates content of all external and internal communication and marketing materials with respective departments to ensure consistency.
- Develops, directs, and measures the impact of the marketing and public relation strategies implemented internally and externally for specific markets.
- Coordinates, and proactively directs media relationships, including public relations and advertising.
- Supervises the communication team towards the realization of an organization wide strategic marketing and communications goals.
- Interacts with executives and company peers —throughout multiple states.
- Evaluates continuously and evolves FCF’s marketing and communications efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related discipline). Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing comprehensive strategic marketing and communications, media relations, and marketing programs to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Ability to ensure marketing and communications follows all federal, state, or other contractual guidance/
- Experience working in and/or collaborating with communities of color and low resourced communities is preferred.
- Experience working in nonprofit management and/or child care related work is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing and communications activities, including digital marketing campaign development.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications, website management, and digital/social media content creation and management.
- Proven ability to cultivate a strong online presence. Strong ability to tell a story using multimedia.
- Experience hiring, training, developing, supervising, and appraising personnel.
- Ability to articulately explain FCF’s purpose and work through a narrative that represents the organization to multiple external audiences, including the media.
- Partnership builder, internally and externally. Ability to connect and impact target audiences.
- Excellent written, verbal, and digital communication skills.
- Analytical skills to solve problems and find the best way to convey a message.
- The creativity to produce exciting and interesting content.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects while working on a deadline or in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective project management with excellent attention to detail.
- Effective, articulate, and persuasive public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations, and negotiating with media.
- Computer literacy in word processors, page layout, project, and database management.
- Technological ability to work on a variety of digital platforms and create web and mobile content.
- Knowledge of video and picture editing software.
- Experience working as a strong team member across multiple disciplines and teams, both internally and externally.
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively with various teams.
- Must be able to work on the computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel for meetings when needed.
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, holidays, paid time off, and paid family medical leave. Allowable travel costs are reimbursed.
First Children’s Finance honors candidates’ time and effort in job-seeking by providing transparency regarding compensation. Creating transparency regarding salary information reduces the gender pay gap, and eliminates salary negotiation, which rarely benefits people of color or women. It is a value of our organization to support equitable hiring practices.
We take pride in our employees and provide a flexible working environment.
First Children’s Finance is an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer.
To Apply Click the Link: First Children’s Finance – Marketing and Communications Director