Business Development Specialist – National
Posted on: July 20, 2022
Anticipated Start Date:
Salary and Benefits:
FCF National Team is looking for a Business Development Specialist to join its growing team to support the growing work in Wisconsin and other states. This position is a remote work opportunity (but based in the state of Wisconsin), working from home with some in-person meetings required. This position will require regular travel within Wisconsin, specifically, and throughout the United States. The work is slated for a two-year period, with the opportunity for continuation. This continuation is contingent upon future funded work.
The Business Development Specialist position provides business and financial planning, consultation, training and support to early care and education providers; promotes FCF and its programs and services; and connects to a diverse group of FCF stakeholders, partners, and constituents. This position works closely with members of the FCF team to promote and ensure the effectiveness of FCF’s core programs, including: (1) consulting services and technical assistance to child care businesses; (2) training and education to a variety of audiences; and (3) facilitation of community engagement activities.
- Develops, promotes, and implements programs, services, and resources to support the mission of FCF.
- Provides training and consultation support to child care businesses to improve business practices and strengthen operations.
- Assists start-up child care businesses and existing child care businesses experiencing financial crisis.
- Provides input and analyzes financial and program
- Assists with program reporting as assigned.
- Facilitates small-group and community engagement activities in support of FCF’s community-based programming.
- Perform other duties as
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in financial management, planning and/or training.
- Successful experience in consulting, training, lending, and/or financial analysis.
- Experience working with small businesses, or experience owning/operating a small business.
- A strategic thinker and planner as well as an effective
- Energetic, enthusiastic, with a can-do
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Familiar with state child care licensing regulations.
- Fluency in Spanish
- Direct experience with child care.
- Experience in resource development and/or fundraising.
- Experience in private sector engagement and partnership.
- Public speaking experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to promote a positive image of FCF and position FCF as a key resource in the field of early care and
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze financial statements and develop and manage
- Ability to work collaboratively with communities of color and low-resourced communities.
- Ability to think strategically and implement plans on the
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with a diverse FCF staff, customers, partners and
- Ability to work with minimum supervision yet be a part of a
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Must be able to work on the computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel when needed.
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from FCF representatives in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the program and FCF success.
Benefits include medical, dental, life, disability insurance, holidays, paid time off, and paid family medical leave. Allowable travel costs are reimbursed.
Flexible work environment.
First Children’s Finance honors candidates’ time and effort in job-seeking by providing transparency regarding compensation. Creating transparency regarding salary information reduces the gender pay gap, and eliminates salary negotiation, which rarely benefits people of color or women. It is a value of our organization to support equitable hiring practices.
Please send a cover letter and a résumé by email to fcfjobs@FirstChildrensFinance.org with “National Business Development Specialist National” in the subject line. Questions can be sent to MollyS@FirstChildrensFinance.org.