Posted on: July 7, 2021
Anticipated Start Date:
Salary and Benefits:
First Children’s Finance is seeking a Program Assistant to coordinate and support diverse aspects of FCF National Team program delivery and reporting. This position will serve as an integral part of the FCF National Team, supporting the coordination and implementation of the ECE Business Collaboratory, First Children First Nations Child Care Collaborative, and all consultation conducted by the FCF National Team.
The FCF National Team designs and delivers consultation, coaching, technical assistance, and supports that seek to align and improve state systems to strengthen the business side of child care. The Program Assistant works with the FCF National Team to coordinate all programming, ultimately ensuring the effectiveness of FCF’s national initiatives, programs, and services.
The Program Assistant will work with the FCF National Team, reporting to the Director of National Initiatives. This position will require only occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Coordinate or execute day-to-day activities on key program deliverables including scheduling, monitoring general communications to the FCF National Team.
- Provide administrative support to FCF National Team members
- Maintain knowledge of all FCF National Team offerings to accurately and adequately support contracts and program coordination
- Tracking the outcomes of the National Team and all its programs, services, and activities.
- Assist with data collection and reporting, as necessary
- Coordinate invoicing and contracting with FCF National Team clients and FCF Central Office staff to meet deadlines for proposals and contracts
- Plan, coordinate, and execute FCF National Team events and establish and maintain relationships with event participants; follow-up with event participants to evaluate the impact of the events, address questions and/or concerns, and meet their needs
- Act as liaison between the FCF National Team and the FCF Central Office Team
- Develop and maintain effective electronic documentation/archive process for all FCF National Team activity
- Create, maintain, and clean client files regularly
- In all work, represent FCF and our asset-based approach to strengthening child care businesses
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent math and reading skills of a high school graduate
- 3+ years working in a fast-paced administrative position
- Social service or nonprofit experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate level computer / data entry skills
This position requires an individual who is:
- Committed to the mission of FCF
- Open-minded, inclusive, and welcoming to all colleagues, clients, and others
- Well-organized and eager to solve problems to a satisfactory outcome
- Effective communication skills and professionalism with diverse people and organizations
- Energetic, enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude
- A systems thinker, able to maintain a big-picture focus while attending to detail
- Open to learning and accepting constructive feedback
- Open-minded, welcoming, accepting, and asset-based approach to all work
- A team player, partner, coach, and networker
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Initiative and a commitment to ongoing improvement
Applicants may live anywhere. The option to telecommute from your home is available. All employees are expected to report to the FCF National office in Minneapolis, MN, for occasional meetings and travel regularly for in-person work across the country with states, tribes, and territories.
Attach the following to a single email to FCFAccounting@FirstChildrensFinance.org with “National Program Assistant” in the subject line:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample that demonstrates your ability to clearly communicate with others
Include your full name, phone, email and address on the cover letter. Questions may be emailed to FCFAccounting@FirstChildrensFinance.org.
Application Deadline: Applications may be submitted until the position is filled, with a preferred start date of August 15, 2021.