Program Specialist – Vermont
Posted on: May 8, 2023
Anticipated Start Date:
Salary and Benefits:
FCF is seeking a Program Specialist to join its growing team in Vermont, which is expanding to serve more child care providers and more communities statewide. The Program Specialist position will provide programmatic and administrative support to FCF’s programs focused on supporting child care providers regionally and across the state.
FCF is seeking candidates from Vermont. This position is a remote work opportunity, working from home with some in-person meetings required. This position may require regular travel within the state of Vermont as needed.
- Works with the FCF-Vermont Team and Vermont Director to promote and implement programs, services, and resources to support the mission of FCF across the state
- Supports program outreach and communications to communities, including participant recruitment; supporting content development for print, online and social media platforms; support to regional/stakeholder and child care-related events
- Manages scheduling, logistics, outreach and communication for in-person and virtual training and community events, responsible for reporting event attendance.
- Manages updates and distribution of handouts, toolkits, and other program-related materials
- Supports gathering, management and evaluation of program-related and event-related data
- Coordinates with FCF Central Office for administrative processes and assists with program reporting as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience working in an administrative or support role, preferably in a non-profit, social service or small business setting
- Experience in communications/content development preferred
- A systems thinker that can maintain a big-picture focus while attending to detail
- A strategic thinker and planner as well as an effective implementer
- Experience working collaboratively with diverse groups, especially historically marginalized populations
- Direct experience with child care strongly preferred
- Open to learning, accepting positive and constructive feedback
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative and collaborative
- Culturally competent
- A team player, partner, and networker
- Energetic, enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude
- Organized, a self-starter, and a multi-tasker
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with a diverse group of FCF staff, customers, partners, and stakeholders
- Ability to promote a positive image of FCF and position FCF as a key resource in the field of early care and education
- Ability to work with minimum supervision yet be a part of a team
- Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks on multiple deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Vermont, as needed
- Must be able to work on the computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel locally for meetings when needed as the pandemic allows.
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Benefits include medical, dental, life, disability insurance, holidays, paid time off, and paid family medical leave. Allowable travel costs are reimbursed.
Flexible work environment.
First Children’s Finance honors candidates’ time and effort in job-seeking by providing transparency regarding compensation. Creating transparency regarding salary information reduces the gender pay gap, and eliminates salary negotiation, which rarely benefits people of color or women. It is a value of our organization to support equitable hiring practices.
Please send a cover letter and a résumé by email to fcfjobs@FirstChildrensFinance.org with “Vermont Program Specialist” in the subject line. Include your full name, phone, email, and address on the cover letter. This posting will be open until filled.