Child Care Systems Analyst
Posted on: March 8, 2023
Anticipated Start Date:
Salary and Benefits:
FCF’s National team is seeking to add a Child Care Systems Analyst to our team to support our growing quantitative and analytical work to support systems change.
We are seeking a highly skilled systems thinker, with experience and commitment to using data to advance equitable child care businesses and strengthen systems of support for child care providers. The Child Care Systems Analyst will assist with the development, implementation, and evaluation of the national programs and services created and provided by the FCF National Team. This work includes supporting cities, counties, states, Native nations, and other entities as they seek to address the business side of child care through collecting, generating, organizing, and analyzing policies, practices, funding streams, and trends.
- Collaborate with the First Children’s Finance National Team to develop, implement, manage, and evaluate relevant and responsive data collection and analysis for efforts addressing the business side of child care on a systems-level, with a specific focus on supporting evaluation capacity-building. This work includes:
- Produce accurate and user-friendly reports, charts, and graphs for both internal and external audiences that conform to FCF and client guidelines and standards as well as best practices.
- Respond to internal and external requests for reports and dashboards, which may include unplanned requests requiring quick turn-around time.
- Create, maintain, and update user documentation on data definitions, dashboard use, reports, etc.
- Create, provide documentation, and follow processes to ensure the highest possible level of accuracy.
- Learn and use new technologies, techniques, software, data types, tools, etc. as needed.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with ECE leaders in both the public and private sectors, industry leaders, and allied organizations.
- Conduct analysis on policies, programs, funding streams, and practices to assess the child care business landscape.
- Provide training, consultative, and technical assistance support regarding data collection, analysis, dashboards, evaluation, and reporting to systems-change efforts in the ECE field.
- Oversee some aspects of day-to-day project management including facilitating meetings, scheduling, creating and implementing project plans, and ensuring deliverables are produced on time.
- Create and disseminate promotional materials and opportunities that effectively communicate FCF National’s mission and impact to engage potential and current partners.
- Conduct, coordinate, and promote the use of data analysis in the ECE Business Collaboratory, serving teams to align and leverage existing resources and assist systems to address each system’s child care business needs.
- Represent FCF’s reputation as a national leader on the business side of early care and education.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts throughout the organization in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality.
- Provide training to agency staff related to data collection, analysis, and interpretation/application of findings.
- Support FCF’s relationships with a diversity of stakeholders.
- Assist with grant-writing, proposal-writing, prospect research and project management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification with at least 3 years of experience.
- Written communications; including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Performing detailed work under changing deadlines and on multiple concurrent projects
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive business data and information
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Working knowledge of politics, policies, and funding streams at the local, state, federal, and tribal level
- Ability to understand, analyze, and explain both historical and current early childhood care data, trends, ideas, and proposals
- Research skills, both document review and data collection methodologies
- Strong skills in consulting with state and local government agencies, tribal governments, small businesses, nonprofits and/or schools
- Abilities to visualize, observe, interpret, think strategically, plan, implement, problem-solve
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff, customers, partners and stakeholders and to work effectively as part of a team
- Open-minded, welcoming, accepting, and asset-based approach to all work
- A team player, partner, coach, and networker
- Energetic, enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude
- A systems thinker, able to maintain a big-picture focus while attending to detail
- Open to learning and accepting constructive feedback
- Organized, self-starter, multi-tasker
- Must be able to work on the computer for extended periods of time.
This is a remote-work position. All employees are expected to report to the FCF National office in Minneapolis, MN for occasional meetings and travel regularly for in-person work across the country with states, tribes, and territories.
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from FCF representatives in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the program and FCF success.
Please send a cover letter and a résumé by email to fcfjobs@FirstChildrensFinance.org with “Child Care Systems Analyst” in the subject line. Questions may be emailed to JudithA@FirstChildrensFinance.org.