Make Way for Kids
Infant and Toddler Capacity Building Grants
First Children’s Finance is pleased to announce a new Child Care Grants program for Vermont child care providers, made possible by funding from the Vermont Agency of Human Services, Department of Children and Families Child Development Division.
For more information, contact the Vermont Grants Team:
To increase the supply of excellent child care in Vermont, First Children’s Finance (FCF) has partnered with the VT Child Development Division (CDD) and Let’s Grow Kids (LGK) to administer a grant program to increase the number of infant and toddler child care spaces in the state. We are pleased to continue the successful Make Way for Kids Infant and Toddler Capacity Building Grant Program.
- Family child care (home-based) programs can apply for up to $20,000.
- Applicants from child care centers, schools, businesses, municipalities, and other agencies may apply for funds up to $50,000.
- Projects that plan to increase early childhood education capacity by adding 25 or more new spaces in communities with less access to child care may be eligible to apply for more than $50,0000.
Eligibility for Make Way for Kids Grants
- Grantees must be located within Vermont.
- Grantees must be an existing child care business (family child care, public school, center-based program, etc.) in good standing with the Department of Taxes and Department of Children and Families OR grantees are starting a new child care business and are working with the Department of Children and Families to get licensed.
- Grantees must be willing to accept the state Child Care Financial Assistance for eligible families.
How Do I Get Started?
- Complete the Inquiry Form before October 18, 2023. As soon as we receive your inquiry, we will contact you about the guidelines and application.
- Participate in an Information Meeting. When you complete the Inquiry Form, we will invite you to an information meeting to make sure you have everything you need to apply.